1. Wear great pajamas. It’s simple, but what’s wrong with that? Take the time to find pajamas you love and feel great in, and give yourself the clear message that you treasure yourself and see the divinity and preciousness of each and every moment of your life. The importance and power of wearing great pajamas is extremely underrated. Seriously – try it and see!
2. Leave money in a public place for someone to find. I got this idea from Pam Grout’s super fun book E-Cubed and WOW! It lifted my mood for days. Try taping a five dollar bill to a gas pump or the inside of a bathroom stall, possibly with a fun little note about the abundance of the universe. Extra bonus: what you give, you receive back – in a different but equal form – multiplied.
3. Give an authentic compliment. Have you ever noticed that it puts a spring in your step when you say to someone you don’t know – like a store clerk or someone in the checkout line – something like, “I like your style,” or “That watch is so hip,” or “You have the most beautiful hair”? Similarly, it’s such a great feeling to take a tiny bit of time to point out something you admire about someone you do know, like, “You are such a hilarious storyteller,” or “How are you such an amazing cook?” It only takes a second, but the mood and vibration boosting payoffs are instant and intense. Not to mention the wave of positivity you set in motion in the outside world. (Which, of course, comes back to you multiplied.)
4. Tell someone why you treasure and appreciate them. It occurred to me recently that I hadn’t really explained to my dad how much I admire his generosity and wisdom. So I called him and told him! Similarly, it feels so good to take a little time to tell Ted (my partner) all the many ways I appreciate and am inspired by him. In addition to being a highly effective way to dial in that highly coveted sense of connectedness and purpose, it’s just a great thing to know that the people we treasure and appreciate know that we treasure and appreciate them, and why.
5. Watch this short video of baby foxes caught on video playing with a ball in someone’s backyard. Can you imagine waking up to discover this? I love to observe the inherent playfulness of other species. Not to mention, it’s sooooo cute!