…All the rest is just details, and it all naturally unfolds when you’re feeling confident. With that in mind, here are seven go-to confidence (and beauty) picker-uppers that you can draw on anytime.
1. Wear fabulous lingerie that you totally love.
2. If you don’t feel like you belong, or you don’t feel qualified, for just a moment, behave as if you do. Then continue. Ask yourself, “How would I feel (and dress) if I knew this was exactly where I was supposed to be?”
3. Exude confidence in the way you move. Keep your spine straight, elongate your torso, open you heart, swing your hips, and luxuriate in the feeling of being in your body. Your mind will quickly follow suit.
4. Do something that scares you a little (but is within the bounds of safety): take a belly dance class, go to a party where you don’t know everyone, or apply for a dream job. Regardless of the outcome, just jumping the hurdle will immediately make you feel more confident.
5. Find a hat, a scarf, or a pair of sunglasses that immediately makes you feel more mysterious, glamorous, and confident. Then wear as needed.
6. As quickly as you can, and without stopping if possible, write an entire notebook page full of your most wonderful aspects: things you are proud of, things you are grateful for about yourself, compliments you’ve received, goals you’ve accomplished, risks you’ve taken, things that make you unique.
7. Clear all the clutter from your wardrobe. When you open your closet, make it so that everything you see supports your feelings of beauty, confidence, and self-worth.
(This is an excerpt from the book, Magical Fashionista: Dress for the Life You Want.)