Yesterday, I posted on Facebook about how I’d been feeling down about the toxic and cruel conditions on our planet. What I didn’t post about, was that I was determined to get out of my feelings of stagnation and despair so that I could continue to enjoy this precious time here on earth, to be grounded in love and clarity, and to be a beacon of positivity for others. So I thought I’d write a post today about five of the tools in the physical world that I drew on in order to get into a more energetically flowing, buoyant place. You know, so that I was feeling my feelings fully – not sitting around and stuffing them down by passively binge-watching Netflix….Rather, proactively moving around, experiencing my life, letting my feelings flow, and doing my best to heal and beautify myself and the world around me.
If you’re in a similar situation and have similar goals for your mood, you might try one or all of the following. I can attest that a combination of all of these sure helped me a lot.
1. Yerba mate and roasted chocolate. Instead of coffee, which was almost definitely dehydrating me and tying my stomach in knots, I put some loose leaf Guayaki Yerba Mate and a bit of Crio Bru roasted chocolate in my French press, and let it steep for 12 minutes. Then I mixed it with some warm soymilk, cinnamon, and agave, and I had a much more stomach-soothing, mood-boosting alternative.
2. My purring cat on my lap. My cat Acorn is so very accommodating when it comes to sitting on my lap or my belly and purring. For stress-reduction and mood-boosting purposes, it’s better than a massage, just a little.
3. A 7-Herb Blessing Bath. I love the brand Hoodoo Roots, and their 7-Herb Blessing Bath infuses your bathwater with an aura-cleansing, hard-edge softening, energy-shifting vibe that can powerfully help to get you out of a funk. It’s like a giant tea bag (2 per pack). Just steep one bag in a pot of boiling water, then pour it in your bath, light a candle, visualize your water being filled with light, and soak as you call on angels and divinities to surround you, cleanse you, and support you.
4. Yoga for Energy and Super Radiance. Ana Brett and Ravi Singh’s yoga DVDs have been my go-to workout for going on five years now. And Yoga for Energy and Super Radiance is my go-to yoga routine and vitalizing tonic for energy, happiness, and clarity.
5. Laughing with friends. Yesterday, I was lucky enough to have lunch with my girlfriend Angela, and dinner and drinks with my girlfriend Courtney, both of whom are hilarious and send me into at least one or two bouts of raucous laughter every time I see them. And nothing transmutes sadness and heaviness into joy and lightness like laughter! It’s perhaps laughter’s whole purpose, after all.