Spell to Relieve a Nervous Stomach
Wine glass, chalice, or small glass bowl
1/2 tbsp dried chamomile
1/2 tbsp dried peppermint
a way to brew loose leaf tea (like a muslin bag or tea cozy)
water and a tea pot
Place the herbs in a wineglass, chalice or small glass bowl. Relax and center yourself. Hold the receptacle in both hands and say,
Herb of sun and herb of moon, soothe my stomach, do it soon.
I thank you for your magic power, combined now in this magic hour.
By the elements that nourished thee, this is my will, so mote it be.
Boil water and use the herbs to brew a cup of herbal tea. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. As it steeps, create a soothing environment in your home, or at least choose a comfy place where you won’t be disturbed. Then sit comfortably and drink your herbal infusion. As you drink, notice your breath and consciously relax your body. As much as you can, bring yourself into the present moment. For example, taste the nuances of the tea, feel your weight on your seat, and notice the ambient noise in the room. When you’ve finished your tea, place both hands lovingly on your belly. Breathe golden white light into this area. Feel this light warming and relaxing every cell. Also think the most positive thoughts about your belly that you can muster. Send lots and lots of love to your belly! Take as much time with this as you like and have time for.
Additional tips for relieving nervous stomachs:
- Replace coffee with green tea or yerba mate.
- Bring your attention and breath to your lower belly whenever you think of it throughout the day and think positive thoughts about it.
- Work with essential oil of lavender for relaxation: diffuse it, wear it, or put it in your bathwater.
- Try taking ginger supplements with meals.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Listen to soothing music, such as ambient or classical.