Once you make friends with the beauty of who you are, how you feel, and how you naturally express your distinctive personal essence, you can adorn yourself with clothes and accessories that are specifically chosen to enhance your mojo and fuel your energetic momentum.
To make contact with your unique essence, grab a notebook or journal, and without thinking too much, answer the following:
1. If I could be any animal, I would be a:
2. Three qualities I admire about this animal:
3. Three people I admire (may include celebrities, family members, friends, fictional characters, or anyone else):
4. Three people I am (at least a little bit) jealous of:
5. Three dead celebrities I wish I could have hung out with:
6. Three qualities I would like to embody:
7. Three cities I would like to visit or move to:
8. Three qualities I wish people would use to describe me (even if I don’t necessarily embody them now):
9. If I were a flower, I would be a:
10. Three qualities I admire about this flower:
Now take a moment to review what you’ve just written. Keeping in mind that your responses in some way reflect or indicate your inner essence, does your outer expression reflect this? For example, if you said that you want to visit India, do you ever listen to Indian music, watch Bollywood movies, or wear bangles? Or, if you’re jealous of Angelina Jolie, do you have at least one sleek black dress? (Often jealousy disappears when we claim the parts of our personality that the object of jealousy represents.) If you wish you could have hung out with Jack Kerouac, do you sometimes have conversations about poetry, listen to Charlie Parker, or stay in a little cabin by yourself in the middle of nowhere? If you relate to lilacs, does your wardrobe, garden, or perfume reflect this?
When our inner and outer realities match, our goals become clearer, we manifest our desires more easily, life becomes amplified, and everything becomes a lot more fun. And since what we wear is literally sitting on the border between our inner and outer realities, our fashion choices are a really powerful way to get them in alignment.
This is an excerpt from Magical Fashionista: Dress for the Life You Want.