Even if you breathe air and walk around on two legs, it’s possible you’re a mer-person in disguise.
Indeed, humans are among the most magical and multi-faceted of creatures: our souls contain shimmering aspects and mysterious depths. Perhaps, for example, you were a mermaid in a past life, and still possess some qualities from that time. Or, you could be a shapeshifter: donning your tail and delving into the ocean during your dreams.
Think you, or someone you know, may be a mermaid? Here are 9 signs to look for.
1. You are extra sensitive and intuitive. As a being accustomed to fluidity, the land-locked life may sometimes feel like it has too many hard edges and harsh conditions. You craves constant cleansing, healing, and flow, and your heart aches or hardens when it doesn’t get enough of these things. Additionally, you have strong psychic and intuitive gifts, and may even be an empath.
2. You write poetry, compose music, and/or create visual art. The watery realm is the realm of poetry, song, symbols, and dreams. It’s a language you’re fluent in, and you feel best when you’re speaking it by creating beauty in the form of poetry, music, or art.
3. You have a beautiful singing voice. Mermaids are famous for having irresistible singing voices that draw sailors into their watery home. Mermaid people, also, can mesmerize with their song.
4. You love taking baths, and feel as if they are actually a necessity. When you look for a new place to live, a bathtub is a deal breaker. You need to soak in water and sea salt! There are times that you just don’t feel right without a good, long bath.
5. You crave a home near water. Even if you don’t live close to the ocean, you feel most like yourself if your home isn’t terribly far from a river, lake, waterfall, or stream.
6. You suspect you can actually breathe under water. Mer-people might have the sneaking sense that they could breathe underwater if they tried, and might often experience just such a reality in their dreams.
7. You are a water sign, or have a lot of water in your astrological chart. Not every mer-person is a Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces, but many are. Otherwise, you might have a lot of watery signs elsewhere in your astrological chart (your moon or rising sign, for example), or you may have been born during a Chinese water year.
8. You have beautiful hair that you love taking care of. Mermaids are often seen brushing their hair. It seems their locks are a vital aspect of their magical allure.
9. You care deeply about the ocean’s well-being. You are passionate about keeping your home vital and clean. Naturally, ocean-related causes are near and dear to your mermaid heart.
Special thanks to Brandi, Lynda, Jennifer, Darby, and everyone participating in the Good Vibe Tribe web chat last night for helping inspire this list.