The fun thing about magic is that when you do it correctly, it always, always works. It may not work in the way that you expect. It’s actually way better than that, because that would be boring anyway. Rather, it works in the way that most nourishes your soul.
With this in mind, here are five secrets to help you manifest your desires, and work your magic effectively, every time.
1. Align with your most authentic intention. You can’t just pluck a random intention out of the air and manifest it. Well, OK, you can, but it’s not always effective. And why do it anyway, when you can find the hidden cache of power: the place where your soul knows exactly what will contribute to your most ideal unfolding? What gives you a rush of energy when you consider it? What makes your heart sing? What, when you think of it, reminds you of the childhood feeling of waking up on your birthday and knowing you’re going to get exactly what you’ve always wanted? (For more guidance on this, watch the video I did on the subject here.)
2. Find the ways your intention has already manifested in your life. Let’s say you want to manifest, for example, greater wealth and prosperity. Remember: vibration is what attracts things into our life experience, and feeling is what shifts our personal vibration. So get into the feeling of already having wealth and prosperity! Notice all the wealth you already have in your life. Mentally bless all the money in your bank account, no matter how much it is. Bless your home, your supportive friends, and all your treasured belongings. This is important because we don’t want to unconsciously focus on the contrast between what we want and what we already have. Remember: what we focus on expands. And in truth, you have already had a lot of wealth in your life! So notice it, feel it, bless it, and get ready for it to expand.
3. Let go of the need for your intention to manifest. Aha! Here is a secret you won’t find everywhere. But take heed! It’s solid gold. When you can actually stop desperately chasing that which you want to manifest, what you want to manifest comes to you. Although this may seem nonsensical at first, the real truth is that nothing is all that serious. This life experience is really quite similar to a dream. From the perspective of the Universe (which is your true identity), this present life is actually little more than the blink of an eye, and even what appears to be solid matter will dissolve completely back into nothing in almost no time at all. When we remember this, we can play with this life experience like children in a sandbox. From this playful perspective, we stop pushing and struggling, and everything we desire begins to flow right in.
(Please note: this doesn’t mean that we won’t have to take steps in the physical world – and even work hard – in order to contribute to the manifestation of our goals. It just means that from the energetic/emotional perspective, we won’t be feeling panicky. Any actions we may feel guided to take will be born out of confidence rather than desperation.)
4. Expect your intention to manifest. Here’s another seeming paradox: let go of the need for it, but also totally expect it. Do you need your favorite TV show to come on at 7PM on Thursday night? No, but you totally expect it. Do you need to find chocolate in the candy aisle? No, but there’s not an ounce of doubt in your mind that you absolutely will. Magic works because reality is fluid, and our expectation about how well our magic will work has everything to do with how it does work.
5. Make every aspect of your magic fun. Fun is the secret sauce. When you’re choosing or crafting a spell or ritual, choose according to what feels fun. Select the ingredients, visualizations, chants, timing, and/or other aspects that make your inner child feel like a million bucks. This will light up your magical energy like a Christmas tree, and keep you in the ideal mindset for perfect magical success.
BONUS SECRET: Remember that we’re all connected! By manifesting the truest desires of your heart, you beautify not just your world but also everyone’s world. So go forth and manifest!