Before we look at the signs that you are, in fact, an incarnated member of the realm of the fae, let’s discuss what exactly that may mean. It’s true that it’s a rather mysterious classification, but let’s note for a moment that for the majority of time that humans have been here on planet earth, we have been much more closely aligned to her cycles and mysteries than we are now. Instead of watching TV or sitting under a roof, we gazed at the stars and were intimately familiar with their dance. We listened to the wind and noted its intensity and direction, and knew inherently what other factors went along with those conditions. We could communicate with animals, because we were awake to their wisdom and aliveness. In short, we knew ourselves to be one with Mother Earth; and, in the same way that one tiny bit of DNA contains the blueprint to the entire organism in all its glorious wholeness, we knew that we were not just on the earth, but rather that we contained its entire essence within our every cell.
And we do still!
Faerie-people, then, might be people who remember this more strongly. Like cats who still retain
their wildness, or dogs who remember their true identity as wolves, faerie-people are people who remember our earth alignment perhaps a bit more strongly than your average person. And there are a lot of wonderful things that go along with that.
Which brings us to the 8 Signs That You Are a Faerie-Person. Do any of these describe you?
1. You feel irresistibly compelled to laugh, jump, squeal, or dance when you see butterflies flying and/or dolphins jumping. …You can’t help it! These magical creatures who are so aligned with the realm of the fae just open up a sense of joy in you, and you find yourself expressing your ecstatic excitement.
2. You love shiny and sparkly things. Sunshine on water, light on leaves, super shiny dimes, and even glittery baubles from the dollar store cause you to feel a transcendent sort of glee. That’s your sparkling faerie essence, recognizing itself in the external world.
3. You love dancing and music. Music is a human way of realigning with the rhythm and cycles of the earth, and dancing with freedom and abandon is the act of letting go and blending your essence with the energy of All That Is: the cycle of the seasons, the music of the spheres, and the movement of the cosmos. We faerie-people recognize this as a way of remembering our natural wildness and joy.
4. You have a sweet tooth. Sometimes it seems like you could eat chocolate, cookies, or another kind of sweet for every meal. In truth, life is sweet, and the earth is sweet, and so sweetness feels like the most natural taste to consume. [Health note: because of our difficulty in moderating our sweet consumption, it’s best for faerie-folk to eat fruit and to find or make sweets sweetened with things other than white sugar, such as agave, fruit sugar, maple syrup, and coconut sugar.]
5. You often dream that you can fly…Maybe even every night, or at least a lot of nights! And when you do, it feels like the most natural ability in the world.
6. The destruction of plants/animals/the earth causes you literal physical pain. One of the most challenging things about being a faerie person is that – because we know so deeply and intrinsically that we are one with everything – the mistreatment of our planet and fellow organisms is extremely difficult to bear. Be aware, however, that our sensitive consciousness is SO needed right now to reawaken our more domesticated brothers and sisters to their ancient faerie nature. So our pain might be difficult, but keeping our hearts open and retaining our precious sensitivity does have a purpose. Not to mention, the more we feel our pain, the more we also feel our joy.
7. You seem to know the medicinal and metaphysical qualities of plants and crystals without anyone telling you what they are. Hold a crystal, or hang out with a plant for a second and admire its beauty. Then notice how it starts to communicate with you in a deep and wonderful way that is beyond words, and that is very healing and nourishing to your emotions and energetic body. Notice also how you can begin to glean information about how that crystal or plant wants to help with any number of physical and/or emotional challenges. As faerie-people, we are wisdom keepers, and all that wisdom needs in order to be reawakened is a little bit of conscious, alert communion with the natural world.
8. You have an irreverent sense of humor. If everyone is getting too serious about something, do you feel irresistibly compelled to laugh and poke fun? That’s your faerie wisdom sparkling through, reminding you that while on one level, everything is infinitely precious, on another level, nothing is really that serious. Lightening up and laughing can shake our ego-identification and reconnect us with the truth that we are one with everything. And that is the wisdom that is most needed on earth at this time. So, faerie people, go forth and laugh!
So, have you recognized your true identity as a member of the fae? And are you aware of other qualities that indicate that one is, indeed, a faerie-person? If you feel so moved, please leave your responses in the comments.