Somehow everyday life seems to get in the way and you rarely actually get around to casting a spell.
Well, my pretty, no more! Here are 9 little ideas for getting off the mundane train and into your magical Maserati. Try one or try them all.
(Here’s a hint: if one of these stands out as particularly easy and doable, do that one. Shifting your energy is like rolling a snowball down a hill. It often just takes the tiniest push.)
- Enforce a morning dance practice. Nothing gets energy moving in a positive way like dancing. And music is sacred geometry in time: it changes you at the molecular level. So choose a song you love to move to. After your morning caffeine (or whatever), put it on and dance like you just won the lottery. Repeat every day for one full moon cycle (you don’t have to start at any particular time). Do this with the intention to bless your day with pure positivity and joy. After the moon cycle is complete, your magical mojo will certainly be flowing. Maybe choose a different song to keep it fresh if you want to continue the habit.
- Bless your drinking water. Each time you fill your water glass or bottle, take a brief moment to bless and empower it with a certain energy. Prosperity, perhaps? Or possible romance, confidence, or success. Simply call on the Divine in a way that feels powerful for you and then consciously direct the energy of your intention into the water, possibly visualizing it as pulsating and swirling light.
- Take a magical bath. You have to bathe anyway. Instead of a shower, maybe next time draw a bath. Light candles and add a few simple magical ingredients like sea salt, a few drops of lavender essential oil, and/or rose petals. Before you get in the water, hold your palms over it and say, “Great Goddess, thank you for infusing this water with vibrations of healing, purification, and love.” Then soak.
- Clear clutter from one room of the house. Oh, how I adore this one. I put on music, light incense and then take all the time in the world to go through every drawer and cupboard. Might I recommend the kitchen? There is something so satisfying about getting all the old stuff out of the fridge and making it sparkle. What does this have to do with magic, you ask? Everything. You’ll instantly feel more clarity, energy, and flow. Your energy will go from stuck to sparkly in mere minutes. Try it and see what I mean.
- Create an altar (or tend to your altar). If you don’t already have an altar, create a simple one on a surface in your home. Choose one representation of the Divine (this can be anything, as long as it feels powerful for you) and then add one to five other objects, such as a candle, incense, flowers, and/or a crystal. If you do already have an altar, freshen it. Take some time with it until it inspires you. Altars keep our connection to the Divine alive: they are personal, three dimensional works of art that act as portals between our everyday world and the world of the sublime.
- Write out your goals…magically. What do you want? What do you really want? As a magical person, it’s hard to get motivated to work magic when we’re not in touch with the qualities we desire to draw into our lives. So take a little bit of time to write out your goals, in the present tense, as if they are already true. (e.g. “I have a wonderful vegetable garden, and I adore working in it.”) At the bottom of the page, write, “Thank you, Universe! For all this or something even better!” Then sign and date. Fold the paper (folding toward you each time), and then place it on your altar. Place a clear quartz crystal on top. (This is not only all purpose magic, it’s also great inspiration for spell topics.)
- Cleanse your crystals. Isn’t it about time? Gather your crystals and lovingly run each under cold water, then spread them out on a white cloth in bright sunlight. For extra credit, you can burn sage smoke around each one. This simple act will align you with the vibrational realm and create greater clarity and harmony in your space and your life. All while whetting your magical appetite!
- Take hornbeam flower essence. Hornbeam flower essence is famous for getting your personal energy and mojo flowing, particularly where lack of motivation is concerned. Plus, flower essences are essentially their own little magical potions, so taking hornbeam flower essence is a magical act in itself! See? You’re already on your way!
- Get yourself roses. In magic and in life, roses are famous for love. But did you know that they’re also powerful energy activators? Particularly the red ones, but all of them really. They’re just so energetically intense! So simply getting yourself roses and keeping them in your space will get your magical motivation flowing. Simultaneously, roses in your space powerfully improve vibrations, open the heart, and invoke blessings of all varieties. So again: instant spell, with so many benefits!